May 2022 Newsletter
I hope you had a nice work flow in April and are keeping up with your 2022 marketing plan. Marketing plan? Oh yeah, that. My guess is some (maybe even most) of you don’t have one and those of you who do, have not kept up with it. Don’t despair.
In this month’s newsletter, I review Gino Wickman’s book Traction - Get a Grip on Your Business and include a marketing plan that I use.
Thanks for reading!
An Unwanted Birthday Party Costs an Employer $450,000
In 2019, Gravity Diagnostics employee Kevin Berling asked his office manager not to have a birthday party because he had an anxiety disorder. However, the manager did not inform Berling’s colleagues, who held a lunchtime celebration for him while the manager was away. When Berling saw the party, he avoided the event by eating lunch in his car.
Read more (1 min read)
There are many reasons you need a marketing plan: to better identify your ideal clients and referral sources; to create measurable and achievable goals; to allocate and manage your time and resources; and to track your progress and hold yourself accountable. Here is a link to my annual marketing plan.
Courts are reopened and business travel is here again. To stay productive when I am away from the office, here’s what I take with me:
- Bellroy - Classic Backpack - The bag itself can be just as important as what you put in it. The Bellroy Classic features water-resistant fabric, comfort shoulder straps, and a three-year warranty.
- iPad Pro (11 inch) (2nd generation) + Apple Pencil
- MacBook Pro (13 inch, M1, 2020)
- Kindle Oasis (10th generation)
- iPhone 12 mini
- Apple AirPods (3rd generation)
- Apple AirTag + Key Ring (attached to the key holder in the backpack)
- Mini External SSD Pro Hard Drive Available – RAVPower
- PD Pioneer 65W 4-Port GaN Tech USB C Desktop Charger – RAVPower
- Anker PowerCore 13000
- Anker USB-C Hub
- LIHITLAB Pen Case (Waterproof, used to hold and protect cables and charger)
- Mnemosyne A5 (dot grid) Notebook
- Paper Mate InkJoy 0.5mm Gel Pens
- Sharpie Highlighter (Available in a variety of colors and styles)
#WORTH YOUR TIME
Traction – Get a Grip on Your Business
I recommend Traction for anyone that has a business. Business owner and consultant, Gino Wickman, explains his system—Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)—for gaining traction to build a self-sustaining entity run by an effective system rather than by your determination and effort alone.
Read more (1 min read)
#WHAT I'M LISTENING TO NOW
I am listening to Wet Leg’s self-debuted album that was released on April 8, 2022. Fun and catchy lyrics with a unique sound and style.